Thank you for your interest in writing for H.O.P.E. Home School Consulting.
H.O.P.E. HSC is about sharing the how tos of homeschooling and providing encouragement to homeschool moms.
If you have an interest in writing a post for any of the columns listed below, I welcome you to submit your content.
HOPE in the Kitchen – Recipes with printables
HOPE’s Homeschool Lounge– Where homeschool moms go to find encouragement, lesson plans, and printables. This column may also include homeschool management, teaching, unit studies, and basically anything homeschool related.
I am open to submissions that do not specifically fall into the column topics mentioned above. The only requirement is that it be something related to: homeschooling. In essence, if homeschooling moms will be interested in it, it’s probably something I’ll be interested in sharing with my readers.
Note: H.O.P.E. Home School Consulting does not pay for submissions. If you decide to submit a post, you do so with the knowledge that you shall not be entitled to any compensation for writing the post or for any other compensation related to the post.
Benefits of Being a Guest Blogger:
- Exposure to a new and wider blog audience
- Backlinks to your blog, which increases your Google ranking
- Increase traffic to your blog
- Opportunity for you to gain more subscribers and social media followers
Please read through the following guidelines before submitting your application.
- Guest posts will publish on Thursdays and will rotate columns. Meaning one week will be HOPE in the Kitchen, the next week will be HOPE’s Homeschool Lounge. Depending on which column(s) you choose to write for (as a regular contributor), you might be submitting one post every 3 weeks or so.
- All blog posts must be relevant to homeschool moms, but should keep in mind a broader audience as well.
- Posts must be your original content – not published anywhere else including your own website and or blog.
- Please only submit evergreen content. Seasonal content and holiday content is acceptable.
- Once your post has been accepted and published on H.O.P.E. Home School Consulting website and/or blog, we request exclusive rights to the post for six months following publication, after which time you may republish or reprint the piece. However, the post will remain on the H.O.P.E. Home School Consulting website and/or blog indefinitely or until I decide to take it down.
- You will receive a byline for your post.
- H.O.P.E. Home School Consulting reserves the right to edit or decline your submission.
- Please respond to any comments your post receives. Angie will approve the comments before publishing them.
To submit a post for the H.O.P.E. Home School Consulting blog, send it in MS Word format to Angie McFarren. Angie will read your post and notify you within one month if it has been accepted. At that time, you will also be notified of a publication date.
- Submit to: email@example.com
- Your e-mail subject line should read: Blog Post – H.O.P.E. Home School Consulting – (Post Title)
In the body of your e-mail, let me know if you are submitting for a column or for an open slot.
If you prefer to query H.O.P.E. Home School Consulting, e-mail Angie at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell her your idea for a post. Angie will get back to you asap to let you know if she is interested in seeing the post.
Blog Post Format
- Blog posts should be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
- Please proofread your posts before submitting them. Posts need to be free of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. If you submit a post with grammatical and spelling errors, it will be returned to you for editing.
- Posts should be a minimum of 350 words and a maximum of 800 words.
- Use bulleted lists when appropriate.
- Use bolded and italicized text for easy scanning.
- Use simple everyday grammar that will appeal to a wide audience.
- Relevant links inside your content are acceptable, but are subject to Angie’s removal.
- Do not use your affiliate links in your post.
- You may include a link to your blog and social media sites at the end of your blog posts and in your bio.
- Use rel=“nofollow” in your hyperlink when linking to other sites.
- Please include at least 2 relevant images.
- You must be the copyright holder of the images or the images must be licensed under the Creative Commons CC-0 license or in the public domain.
- Submit proof (a link to where you found the image) along with any image showing that it does not infringe on copyright laws.
- com and Pexels.com are appropriate places to obtain images.
- One of the two images should be 800 x 800 in size for posting on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Instagram.
- The other image should be 735 x 1102 in size and of pinnable quality for posting on Pinterest.
Printables/Lesson Plans/Unit Studies:
If you wish to include printables, lesson plans, or unit studies as part of your blog post, please submit those in .pdf format.
Once your post goes live, you are welcome to write a short excerpt on your own blog with a link to the original full article on H.O.P.E. Home School Consulting.
Social Media Sharing:
- Angie will share your posts on H.O.P.E. Home School Consulting’s social media sites and will mention the column has new posts in the monthly newsletter.
- You are encouraged to share your post on H.O.P.E. Home School Consulting with your social media followers.
Unacceptable Post Topics:
H.O.P.E. Home School Consulting reserves the right to reject posts that I feel are negative or detrimental to my faith or the H.O.P.E. Home School Consulting brand. These would include:
- Political posts of any kind
- Posts that are critical of Christianity or advocate a different faith
- “My way is better than yours” posts
- Any sexual or other offensive language or content
- Denominational or doctrinal “hobby horses”
How to Become a Regular Contributor or Featured Columnist:
H.O.P.E. Home School Consulting is looking for bloggers who want to become regular contributors and featured columnists. A regular contributor submits posts multiple times throughout the year, although not necessarily monthly. A featured columnist will have her own “slot” in the calendar every month. This is a great way to build your brand and promote your own blog to a larger audience. If you would like to become a regular contributor or featured columnist, here is the process:
Potentials for Regular Contributors:
- Once you have submitted 3 posts, let us know of your desire to be a regular contributor. If you are accepted, we will publish your name, headshot, and bio will be published on the Contributor page. You will also receive a H.O.P.E. Home School Consulting Blogger badge.
- Once you have submitted 10 posts and are well-received by readers, you may ask to be considered for your own column on H.O.P.E. Home School Consulting.
If you become a featured columnist,
- Your column will be assigned a regular slot (same day and week each month / e.g. 1st Monday, 3rd Monday, etc.)
- You name, headshot, and bio will be published on the Featured Columnist page.
- You will also receive a H.O.P.E. Home School Consulting Featured Columnist badge.
Submit your application to H.O.P.E. Home School Consulting (you will find it below.) By doing so, you agree that you have read and understood the guidelines, and will follow this agreement.
H.O.P.E. Home School Consulting will review your application, look through your blog, and provide you with a response within one month of receiving your application.
If your application is approved, H.O.P.E. Home School Consulting will let you know that you are free to submit blog posts whenever you are ready. We will also ask you to send us your bio and a headshot.